Friday, June 19, 2009

Vacation

We just got back from Outer Banks NC last sunday. We had a lot of fun. We went with my family, my sister Jessica and her husband Brandon, my brother Timmy, his wife Kendra, my nephews Grant and Garrett and my mom. And a few dogs. Sammy didn't like the sand at first. He just stood there and cried and wouldn't move. Once we got out his bucket and shoveles, he was ok. But he still didn't like it when the sand got on him too much. He liked going for walks along the shore to look for shells to put in his bucket. He didn't like the water because it was cold and the waves scared him. But he loved all the room to run wherever he pleased. Shawn and I had a nice relaxing time. We layed out in the sun in the morning and napped all afternoon when sammy napped. It was perfect. One day the water was warm so Shawn and I got in and rode the waves with the boogy boards. The ride there and back with sammy was a little rough. Sammy did really good though. He only got whiny or fussy when he was tried. Mostly he played with his cars in his seat, in his own litte world. All we heard the whole way there was "car, car-car, cool car, good car, car". So that got a little old, but very cute. We went put-putting, I took sammy up the light house, we drove our car on the beach to look for the wild horses, and we went on nature walks. Shawn and I had off two whole weeks together. It was nice to have so much family time. When we got home shawn switched to Days. We have made dinner together as a family for once and that is nice. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment